Welcome Ann Fangio as our Featured Provider of August!
We are excited to feature Ann Fangio of Texas this month on the Fireside Chat blog! Ann has been a thera-LINK customer for a couple of years now and we love that she’s local (right here in our backyard!) and is very involved in several organizations including serving as the President of North Dallas Chapter for Christian Counselors of Texas plus staying involved with the Gottman Institute. She’s very active in the profession and is a well-known couples counselor. We think the work she’s doing is unique and find her passion infectious! We hope you learn more about her and the awesome work she’s doing here. Meet Ann!
- What is your name and the name of your practice? How long have you been in practice?
My name is Ann Fangio and my practice is named Lasting Love Ministries. I’ve been in private practice for 5 years.
- What do you do for fun? What hobbies do you do? Tell us about you outside of your “provider” role. 🙂
Dancing is a passion of mine as well as designing and building homes, volunteering in my community, visiting with family and playing with my 6 grandchildren!!
- Where do you practice (state, etc..) and what areas do you specialize in?
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in Texas with a Masters of Education in Counseling and Human Development and an Academic Associate in Logotherapy. My specialties are Gottman Couples Therapy and Christian Counseling. However, I work with people from all over the globe when I remove my counselor hat and utilize subconscious belief modalities. I am a Certified Emotion Code Practitioner, Certified Body Code Practitioner and a PSYCH-K Facilitator.
- Why did you go into your profession?
In 1991, I went through a divorce. I realized I must have played some part in it and I wanted to know what I did and learn from the experience. I was so grateful for all of the help, education, compassion and understanding I received that I knew one day I wanted to do for others what my counselors had done for me. They changed my life.
- What are you passionate about in your practice?
Seeing couples love each other again is my passion. It let’s me know that a difference is being made and that our communities are being strengthened when families not only stay together, but happily engage in their marriages.
- How long have you been doing online sessions with your clients?
Since November of 2015.
- Why did you start using thera-LINK to see clients?
There are so many reasons! First, seeing clients online saves the clients time. They no longer have to drive to me, find a place to park and drive back to their office or home. Secondly, no one sees them walking into my office, so there is much more privacy. Thirdly, I don’t have to drive to an office, there is much less overhead, and by working from home I can do things between clients or if a client cancels I can still be productive.
- Do your clients find that online sessions offer them similar results as coming in to an office? Do they prefer online sessions or in office? Was it a difficult adjustment for them?
The majority of my clients love having their sessions online. Sometimes couples want to meet in person first, but usually they come to accept the process before their first session and we begin counseling online. I have not perceived any difference in the counseling outcomes between online and in person sessions.
- What would you tell someone just starting out with an online option for their clients? Any tips/tricks or things you’ve learned along the way?
The more positive you are about the process, the more your clients will accept that this is standard operating procedure. If you doubt the words proceeding from your mouth, so will they.
- Where do you work from mostly? (i.e. home office, beach :), actual office where you see clients in person as well?)
I only work from home. I no longer offer office visits. Although one day I would LOVE to work from the beach!!
- Did you purchase any new equipment when you embarked in an online practice? Either way, what do you use for your sessions? (i.e. laptop/tablet, webcam, headset, big monitor)
I didn’t purchase anything. I use a 13″ MacBook Pro, but I want to add a monitor in order to see my clients on a full screen while typing notes on the other one. And when doing my subconscious belief work I could really use a 3rd screen so that I can also view the online Body Code mind mapping system. Of course for privacy sake when there is anyone else in the house I utilize a headset, so only I can hear the clients.
- Is there anything else you’d like to share with us?
I am thrilled that thera-Link has been created and that it’s owners are right here in my back yard – Dallas!! Thank you so much! This service has enhanced my life and my clients lives as well. This saves me time, money and allows me to be extraordinarily flexible with where I work.
If you are interested in connecting with Ann, please read more about her on her profile page here: Ann's Profile