To kick off 2018, we have the joy of introducing Staci Davis as our Provider of the Month for January. Staci is from New York and has been a thera-LINK customer for about 6 months. She uses thera-LINK all the time and we love how she just dove right in with our platform. We also appreciate that Staci communicates with us – both the positive and any challenges she’s facing! We are excited to start the new year with Staci’s interview!
- What is your name and the name of your practice? How long have you been in practice?
Staci Davis. I’ve been practicing for over 25 years.
- What do you do for fun? What hobbies do you do? Tell us about you outside of your “provider” role. 🙂
I enjoy anything crafty, concerts and music, exercising, and baking gluten free treats!
- Where do you practice (state, etc..) and what areas do you specialize in?
New York. My primary focus is anxiety, depression, stress management. I do address lots of other areas as well.
- Why did you go into your profession?
I’m a good listener and I enjoy helping people improve their current situations.
- What are you passionate about in your practice?
The most important thing to me is that each client feel that they have a connection and feel safe. Then we can really get some good work done.
- How long have you been doing online sessions with your clients?
- Why did you start using thera-LINK to see clients?
Flexibility, ease of use of platform and the support staff are wonderful.
- Do your clients find that online sessions offer them similar results as coming in to an office? Do they prefer online sessions or in office? Was it a difficult adjustment for them?
I’ve found it to be a very natural transition for those who have done both in person and online. In general, it’s so convenient that most people are very happy with online sessions.
What would you tell someone just starting out with an online option for their clients? Any tips/tricks or things you’ve learned along the way?
Get comfortable and make sure you are in a quiet area free of distractions. It’s really easy.
- Where do you work from mostly? (i.e. home office, beach :), actual office where you see clients in person as well?)
All over. Sometimes I’m in my office, my car, home. It varies. Because of the flexibility I can be anywhere when a client requests a session on short notice.
- Did you purchase any new equipment when you embarked in an online practice? Either way, what do you use for your sessions? (i.e. laptop/tablet, webcam, headset, big monitor)
I use my computer/ laptop or my smartphone
- Is there anything else you’d like to share with us?
Just that I look forward to answering any specific questions future clients may have. I am very easy to talk to and I am very flexible with my hours.
If you are interested in connecting with Staci, please read more about her on her profile page here: Staci's Profile